Although scenarios requiring Tiger tanks have been thin on the ground with my group's emphasis on early to mid-war or the Italian theater. But now that I've been reading about the Normandy campaign and North West Europe... well it'd be a shame not to have a few, wouldn't it?
Since this posting has become rather picture heavy, I've made all the thumb-nails smaller to speed page loading.
First up, some PzIIIMs. Nice mid-war tank (I've got a thing for schurzen). Useful in late war for a command tank or artillery FOO vehicle. Some of them even soldiered on in secondary theaters. These are Old Glory models.
| PzIII series. D, J, M, early StuG and late StuG |
With lots of area to work with, I decided to try my hand at the famous 'ambush pattern' camouflage.
Just for completeness sake, there is a platoon of every Germano-panzerphile's wet-dream; the King Tigers. These are Old Glory models, with a cut down artillery officer for the commander.
Here's a couple of comparison shots of the beginning and end of my German armour stable:
| Old Glory PzI beside OG PzVIb |
As far as main battle tanks go, my German armour inventory is pretty complete now. I even have a few representative SP guns and tank hunters, but I don't have some of the late war models like the Hetzer or Panzer Jaeger IV (yet). Since I usually have artillery off board, SP guns like the Wespe or Hummel are a luxury.
| PzI series |
| Pz38(t) series |
| PzIII series |
| PzIV series |
| The 'Big Cats' |
I also finished up a platoon of the big 8-wheeled Sdkfz234/1 armoured cars and a flak half track in late war camo to keep the Typhoons at bay.
| Selection of armoured recce |

0 Comments