Happy Saturday friends. It has taking me two weekends to get our home dressed for the holidays. I like to take my time decorating. Check inventory and see what new ideas I can come up with, Re-purpose old decorations. They are after all the pieces that bring the beauty and wonder of the holidays into our homes. So on this rainy and cold Saturday, it was the perfect day to do just that.
Decorations also help us get into a festive frame of mind And this year, I wanted to give our home an old world feel.
Soft tones, time worn pieces and linens vintage linens to create a few focal points. Hints of the season without overpowering the scene.
Christmas stockings are great to decorate mantels, banisters and just about any spot you want to make a little festive.
I also like to incorporate little whimsical pieces to keep things fun and also to add a little conversation piece.
I also love to make my own wreaths. It is a fun way to add personality and warmth to our home. And because they make me smile. I just finished making this cute snowman wreath for our kitchen door today with items purchased from Michael's. All at 60% off and an additional 20% on entire purchase. That is certainly a reason to do a happy dance. I will SHARE how I made this cheery wreath on a future post.
I still have to share my Christmas tree. just need to finish and clean things up a bit around here.
I hope you are all keeping warm and cozy today. Thank you for stopping by today.
Janet














0 Comments