Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogtober Twelve

 


A real autumnal day. Slightly crisp with a brisk north easterly making you hug a little warmth to yourself. In my case a pastel pink gilet that kept me nice and cosy. We spent the morning yet again at the mill. The last two school groups and now the mill is closed until next spring. The last school group was my old school. Lovely to catch up with teachers I had worked with and the children were very well behaved.
As a reward we headed out west for a crab sandwich and then a favourite cliff walk from Grosnez to Plemont and back. Not much in the way of butterflies; a couple of speckled woods and a very bedraggled small copper.  It may have been bedraggled but it has added another to my list for the year. Also captured was a meadow pipit. A flock of them were dive bombing a field and I managed to capture one as it stopped still for an instant.
So much to love on this walk. Distant views of Sark, deep blue sea, gulls overhead and a variety of fungi. I’m not an expert so I didn’t pick any in case they were poisonous. Anyone know if they were edible or not? Sadly the heather is long gone. Just the browned remains. Bracken too has umber hues. Just the odd gorse flower.

Time to get busy with dinner. I can hear better half outside mowing the grass. Tomorrow the garden is due a deadhead.
Anything exciting in your corner?

Barbara xxx
 



















Post a Comment

0 Comments